A few months ago I posted about using my blog to its full potential and making it my primary source for news and new images. That obviously didn't happen. The truth is facebook is much easier and faster and gets more traffic. So I've decided to use this blog as a more personal venue for my work and life. If I posted new thoughts and progress every single day on facebook I feel that people would get sick of hearing about it so I'm just going to do that here :)

I'm really thankful that I've been really busy over the last couple months, and I'm only getting busier. For the first time in my life, I've had to turn down work. It's somewhat of a gratifying feeling, but definitely bittersweet because I wish I didn't have to do that.

So, as usual, this post is about what I'm working on, which is my first solo exhibit "Instinct." The image above is a detail of a painting for this show. Much of the work of this show is heavily influenced by Byzantine art or early Christian art, the Vienna Secession Movement, and the Mughal Period of India. I'll give a more in depth statement of this work in a few weeks.

Well, this is my last blog post of 2011. It's been a pretty good year, and one which I've learned from. I'm looking forward to 2012 in a big way. Happy New Year to you.

2 comments:

  1. When is your show going to be brother??

    ReplyDelete
  2. April 6th at Mulberry Art Studios. Mark your calendar homeboy!

    ReplyDelete