Almost There.


There's so much I'm learning about myself and art, design, illustration, or whatever you want to call it in my pursuit of running a creative business. I've learned a lot as I've revisited a lot of traditional mediums and surfaces I worked with in college and some new ones since then. I've also branched out and learned things I never even thought of in school, like what printers to go to, how to approach galleries, and so much more. And I will admit I'm definitely still learning. 

One of these new things, which I regret not doing in school, is screen printing. I've always wanted to try it and I love the idea of making images that you can wear and creating a piece of original apparel. I know I'm going to learn so much, and I'm excited about that. Since I've never printed on T-shirts before, one of the things I have to take into consideration, just like any piece, is what the surface will be. In this case I have to find just the right T-shirt that people are going to want to wear. After a week or so of shopping around I've found a really great poly blend lightweight, fitted T that I think will work great. Here's a picture of a couple that I'll be using to test out the screen, which I'll be doing in the coming week. Make sure you check out the progress and get one for yourself when they're ready!

No comments:

Post a Comment